General Information Areas:
The credit union collects information about your visit on an anonymous, aggregate basis, including: the date, length of visits, number of times each page is visited, the Web address of the site that you linked to our site from and the Internet service provider used to access our Web site – But not the e-mail address. This information allows us to track Web site use, measure site traffic and improve site navigation to better serve our members and Web site visitors. The information gathered is used for internal purposes only.
Collection and Use of Personal Information:
The credit union collects, uses and retains only personal information that is necessary to conduct business. We use the information to complete the request and/or transaction. This information may also be used for identification purposes when you contact us. This information includes:
- Information you provide to us on applications or other forms, such as: your name, address, social security number, assets, and income.
- Information about your transactions and account experience with us, such as your account balance, payment history, and parties to transactions or information about our communication with you, such as a request for a copy of a check.
- Information from a consumer report, such as information regarding your creditworthiness or credit history.
- Information from other outside sources regarding employment, credit or other relationships with you or verifying representations made by you, such as your employment history, loan or credit card balances or your property insurance coverage.
- Other general information we obtain about you that is not assembled for the purpose of determining your eligibility for credit, insurance, employment or other products or services you request, such as demographic information.
- If we receive medical or health information about a member, for example, if a member applies for credit insurance with us, it will not be shared except as necessary to maintain accounts, process transactions or provide services the member has requested or initiated.
If you decide to close your account(s) or become an inactive member, we will adhere to the privacy and practices as described above
Maintenance and Accuracy of Your Information:
Skyward Credit Union continually strives to maintain complete and accurate information about our members and their accounts. If at any time you believe that our records contain inaccurate or incomplete information about you or your accounts, please notify us. We will investigate your concerns and correct any inaccuracies in a timely manner.
Employee Access to Member Information:
Skyward Credit Union educates its employees to understand the vital importance of maintaining the confidentiality of all member information. Only employees with a business reason for knowing your personal information are permitted access to your information.
Restrictions on Sharing Information:
Skyward Credit Union follows strict privacy procedures protecting your personal information. In addition, the credit union requires all third parties with a business need to access this information to adhere to similar and equally stringent privacy policies. Skyward Credit Union will not disclose to third parties information concerning members’ accounts with the credit union, except:
- Whenever it is necessary for completing transactions.
- To verify the existence and condition of your account to a third party such as a credit bureau or merchant.
- To comply with a government agency, court order, applicable law or regulation.
- If you give us your permission, which we may require to be in writing.
- When we collaborate with other businesses to offer a broader array of products and services.
- Whenever it involves a claim by or against us concerning a deposit or withdrawal from your account.
Note: The credit union will not authorize a third party to charge a member’s account without his or her express consent, and will not sell personal information to telemarketing firms. The credit union will not provide account numbers or personal access numbers to any nonaffiliated third party for marketing purposes.
Maintaining Member Privacy in Our Business Relationships:
From time to time, we contract with outside vendors and other businesses to perform specific services for us. Whenever the credit union forms a partnership with another organization, Skyward Credit Union will require that the other organization conform to the credit union’s strict privacy policies. Skyward Credit Union will only furnish the personal information that other organizations may need to provide their products and services to the credit union’s members.
Protection of Information via Established Security Procedures:
We maintain appropriate security standards and procedures regarding unauthorized access to member information.
Internet NetTeller Access:
If you visit a secure area on our Web site, such as Internet NetTeller, you will be asked to provide a pre-determined NetTeller ID and PIN. This required PIN feature allows the credit union to securely regulate entry into your personal financial information. However, you must ensure that your NetTeller ID and PIN are safeguarded against unauthorized use. We strongly recommend you do not share your ID or PIN with anyone. Your NetTeller ID and/or PIN will not be sold or made available to third parties by the credit union.
To provide better service and a more effective Web site, we use “cookies” as part of our interaction with your browser. A “cookie” is a small text file placed on your hard drive by our web page server. These “cookies” do not collect personal identifiable information, and will not be sold, nor will any related information be shared with others outside the credit union, unless we are compelled to do so by law.
Skyward Credit Union uses “cookies” with NetTeller as a means of maintaining the integrity of your session. They are a requirement for NetTeller to function properly. By configuring your preferences or options in your browser, you determine if and how a cookie will be accepted. It is recommended that you turn off any option that causes warnings before you accept cookies.
Unsecured E-mail Messages:
Certain areas on our Web site allow you to submit information to us via e-mail. We will collect and retain the e-mail address, along with the information contained in the message. We will use it primarily to follow-up with you, to meet legal and regulatory requirements, marketing , research, and development purposes. E-mail is not a secure form of communication. Please be advised that e-mail messages you send outside of NetTeller may not be secure against interception by unauthorized third parties. Therefore, you should avoid sending any confidential or sensitive information, such as account numbers, and account balances, to us by e-mail
Secured E-mail Messages:
Messages sent within the NetTeller system using the “contact us” link are passed through our secure system. These are encrypted messages and are secure forms of communication
Right to Choose
Skyward Credit Union will provide members the means to remove their names from marketing lists that may be compiled by the credit union. Any member of our credit union may also elect to keep their personal information from being shared with our business partners. We will inform you on how to exercise your choice, and we will take all reasonable steps to make sure member’s request are followed. At least once a year, we will remind all members of their right to choose.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Liabilities
All information provided on the Web site is believed by us to be accurate and reliable. However, due to the possibility of human and mechanical error, as well as other factors, we are not responsible for errors or omissions from the information contained in this Web site. All of the information, materials, and functions contained in our Web site are provided on an “As Is” basis without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties or merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or freedom from computer virus. We do not warrant the adequacy, timeliness, or completeness of the information and materials included in our Web site or in other sites linked to or from our Web site, or that the functions provided will be uninterrupted or error-free. We expressly disclaim any liability for any errors in or omissions from information, materials and functions included in our Web site or any other sites linked to or from our Web site.
In no event will we be liable for any direct or indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages or lost profits arising in connection with your use of this Web site, or any interruption in the availability of our Web site, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, loss of data, or otherwise, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages or losses.
Third Party Links
The Skyward Credit Union and this web site may link you to other web sites on the Internet. The Skyward Credit Union is not responsible or liable to you in connection with such web sites. WHEN YOU ACCESS THESE WEB SITES AND THE SERVICES AVAILABLE THERETO, YOUR RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS WILL BE GOVERNED BY THE AGREEMENTS AND POLICIES RELATING TO THE USE OF THOSE SERVICES. The inclusion of links to such web sites or promotional materials relating to such web sites does not imply any endorsement of such web sites or the material on such web sites by the Skyward Credit Union.
Welcome to our online Internet site!
Skyward Credit Union is committed to making your online NetTeller experience safe and secure. Our online NetTeller service provides security technology to protect the data of our members and for the credit union. We have taken many measures to ensure your privacy.
We use encoding technology to ensure that your private information cannot be easily translated. On our NetTeller service your information never travels the Internet without encryption protection.
Account Numbers and Names
Skyward Credit Union does not display your account numbers over the Internet. Instead, you will see the account type i.e. primary checking, and will have the option to change to a “pseudo” name for each of your accounts. Cross account numbers will be displayed and cannot be changed
NetTeller ID & NetTeller Information
In order to access Skyward Credit Union NetTeller, you must enter a unique User ID and PIN.
PIN Security System
A PIN security system is in place to keep unauthorized individuals from accessing your account by guessing your PIN. If your PIN is entered incorrectly three consecutive times, the user is “locked out” of the system. Once this happens you will not be able to access your account via NetTeller until you contact us to have your PIN reset. Each time you log in to our NetTeller service you will see a record of your last log in date and the number of times you have logged in. You will have the ability to monitor the access of your account with this information. You will have an option to Reset Log in Count, which allows users to reset the counters for their log in history.
As an added layer of security we use E-stamps as part of muti-factor authentication of each online banking session. The first time you log in to the system a random E-stamp will be assigned to the initial login. Prior to completing the initial login you will choose an E-stamp which will uniquely identify that you are indeed logged into your online banking session. If you do not receive the correct E-stamp please contact us immediately at (316) 517-6495, or by e-mail: email@example.com
If you are logged on the NetTeller service but do not perform any activity for 10 minutes, you will not be able to proceed until you “re-log” on to the system.
Additional Security Measures
We have sophisticated firewalls and authentication processes to ensure that only authorized individuals are allowed to enter our system. A firewall is either a hardware or software component that serves as a secure entrance to a system. A firewall can allow only specific parties to cross the path and access the system.
Protect Your Online NetTeller Account Information
Skyward Credit Union works to protect your banking privacy. However, you also play an important role in protecting your account(s). Here are some steps you can take to ensure that your NetTeller account(s) information is protected:
- When sending the credit union e-mail, do not reveal your full account number. Instead, give us your full name and describe your accounts by type description only. On multiple account information, give us the name and relationship to you.
- Do not reveal your NetTeller ID or PIN to anyone else. Your NetTeller ID and PIN are designed to protect your banking information, but that will only work if you keep them to yourself.
- Change your NetTeller PIN frequently. You can change this online through the NetTeller menu called Management.
- Do not walk away from your computer if you are in the middle of an Online NetTeller session.
- Once you have finished your online NetTeller session, log-off before visiting other Internet sites.
- In addition, when leaving your computer clear the browser disk/memory cache and close your browser.
- If you notice any suspicious or unusual activity related to any of your accounts, contact us immediately at (316) 517-1854, or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org